Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH)
When you walk, bike, carpool, or take transit to work in Marin County, the Transportation Authority of Marin will provide you with a ride home when unexpected situations arise. By removing one of the biggest hurdles for commuters, this insurance program offers the peace of mind that you won’t be stranded without your car.
How the program works
- You are eligible to be reimbursed for an emergency ride home if you work in Marin County and commute by any means other than driving alone.
- If an unexpected situation arises (e.g., child is sick, bike got a flat tire, carpool partner left early, need to work late) you can be reimbursed for an expeditious ride home, via taxi, Uber, Lyft or equivalent transportation service, by simply submitting a reimbursement request.
- Submit this form for reimbursement.
Each commuter can be reimbursed for up to four ERH trips per year. No single trip can exceed $125 and total reimbursement may not exceed $500 per year. See the following for more details: ERH Program Rules.
Lyft Shared Ride
When you use the promo code “GETSMART17” you get $5 off for all “Lyft Shared Ride” rides to and from SMART stations in Marin County!
How it Works
To receive the (up to) $5 discount, participants must:
- Download the Lyft App and Register for an Account.
- Use the Lyft Share Ride option on the Lyft app, allowing passengers on a similar route to share the ride.
- Enter the promo code GETSMART17 to receive up to $5 in credit on up to 40 trips a month.
- For those without smartphones or those who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle, call Whistlestop at 415-454-0998 to arrange for your Lyft ride. Rides are encouraged to be scheduled in advance. Be sure to mention the GETSMART17 program.
- Begin or end the ride at a SMART station in Marin County during the SMART hours of operations Monday through Friday. Eligible SMART Stations include:
- Novato North Station
- Hamilton Station
- Marin Civic Center
- Downtown San Rafael
- Passenger must pay for the first $2 of their Lyft Shared Ride, and TAM will cover up to the next $5.
For more information click here.
Vanpool Incentive Program
Vanpooling saves time, money and can help reduce stress related to driving alone to work. TAM offers a $3600 vanpool incentive to encourage new vanpools. To find out more about vanpooling as a commute option click here.